Call for applications for 3-years PhD program
There are two general conditions for us to accept any Ph.D. students as indicated below.
- He/She must have sufficient academic capability to carry out scientific research in our group. General information on entrance exams is here [link].
- He/She must have sufficient economic background to self-support his/her living expenses in Kyoto. Obtaining a scholarship in advance of the application is necessary since our group does not have any budgets to support living expenses.
There are several open scholarships available for Ph.D. candidates.
- Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship [link]
— Embassy recommendation (For those outsides of Japan)
— Domestic Selection (For those already in Japan)
- General information on STUDY in Japan [link]
In addition to the above public services, our group also provide the following support
- RA (about 150,000 yen per month in total with other RA and TA) [ so far available until March 2025 ]
For applicants from China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, please first contact via Admissions Assistance Office (AAO) [link]